Wednesday, March 28, 2007

 

Vancouver...

To my loyal readers, Katy and Mom.
I arrived safely in Vancouver after having the scare of a lifetime at customs on the way in! Van City was a good choice to visit because of the huge Japanese population over here. Its like easing my way back into Canadian/North American culture one city at a time. Already I have started stressing about getting robbed, I am well on my way to readjustment!
My last little while in Japan was amazing but I was definitely really sad to leave. I enjoyed that place and it was kind to me. I said my good-byes to everyone at work and Kae drove me to the airport.
In the morning before departure I learned that it costs $250 CDN to ship live animals on the plane. The turtles were a gift for Kae. However when she returned to her car, we brought them with us on the car ride, there were only two turtles left in the traveling tank we bought. I was so proud to hear this from Kae. The Ninja lessons I had given over the past year have paid off and Connery was able to make an escape from the car. My Ninja Turtles are well trained in the art of evasiveness. He was found and surrounded to the authorities without incident.
Since being back in Canada I have just been relaxing a little. I watched a hockey game on TV for the first time in a long while which was nice. Its playoff time so all the games are serious and watching with some fellas who love the Canuks was entertaining. They held on for the win against Colorado.
I am going to take a nap and then likely catch a ferry over to the island and visit with a friend of mine from high school. It would be a good experience for me to go. I will take some photos and maybe even post them with captions rather than just titling a post, "Random Photos"
Home, Sweet, Home... maybe

Comments:
loyal reader here...
is it weird i find it so reassuring just to know you're back on our side of the world...even if you're still a million miles away.
i'm happy you're okay (even after a stint!)...and even happier that means you've started your trip HOME.
maybe you and i can venture back out there together...it's in the works.
i miss you...can't wait to see you...
heart.
smell.
 
hey i read this thing too.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
hiding behind anonymity is a sign of weakness.
 
Hey...so, was that your sign off post? Are you done with this blog? Curious minds want to know....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?